Rolling 12 month contract, with 6 month probationary period
Part-time (10-20hours, dependent on the optional aspects of job spec)
These can be flexible, with Sunday and Monday as core days. Friday and Saturday would usually be your days off (though you will need to work an occasional Saturday as required)
January 2019 or before
Dublin. Post-holder would need to attend meetings in Dublin city centre and elsewhere.
€22,000-25,000pa pro-rata, depending on experience
Christ City Church Dublin was planted in September 2014 with a small team of people, under the oversight of Steve and Leanne Vaughan. We are now just over four years’ old and, due to our
initial growth and our desire to continue this, we are looking for someone to help with our growing children’s ministry.
Below you will find all the details of the role and what is required, and this is intended to be a helpful guide for the kind of person we are looking to hire. However, whilst we have certain duties which need fulfilling, our preference is to find the right people, and then give them appropriate roles and duties based on their gifts and passions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the Children’s Team – recruit new members, train the team, communicate weekly/monthly to them
- Plan the curriculum – a breakdown of each week, what resources will be used, who will do it
- Co-ordinate all children’s administration – buying resources, updating rotas etc
- Co-ordinate with the Safeguarding team to ensure we’re compliant
- Grow the children’s ministry into three separate groups – under 3s (crèche), 3-6s (Treehouse) and 7-12s (The Den)
- Crèche (under 3s) – oversee the development of a new team to support the parents/carers, and provide some age appropriate resources/activities.
- Families – equip the church to better support not just the children but families as a whole
- Pastoral Care – meet 1-2-1 with children’s team members or others in church who are connected to the children’s work in some way
- Attend monthly staff meetings and quarterly leadership gatherings
- Other staff responsibilities (optional) – particularly Sunday Gatherings, administration & pastoral care. Whilst the role is focused on the children at CCC, we’d love for the person to be part of the CCC staff team and play a part in wider church life, getting stuck in where needed, especially on Sundays, in administration and in meeting up with people in the church
- Youth Ministry, age 12+ (Optional) – this is not a requirement but if the candidate was able and had a passion for older children, to consider starting a mid-week youth city group, connecting in with Synge Street Secondary School, partnering with youth alpha etc.
- Mercy Ministry (Optional) – this is not a requirement but if the candidate was able and had a passion for community outreach, the work with youth could be combined with working with a community project (for example Christians Against Poverty).
- Experience with and passion for working with children from 1-12 years old
- Be efficient at administration and communication
- Support the vision, values, theological position and leadership of Christ City Church.
- At least two years’ experience working in a people-centred environment, preferably in a supervisory role for some of that time
- Be able to work alone, as well as part of the staff and wider volunteer team
- A basic theological training (whether done through a church or an institution)
- A commendation from a Christian leader of your ability to pastor, disciple, organise and administrate
- Live in Dublin, with easy access to the city centre
- 25 days of holiday per year pro-rata (up to 5 of these can be Sundays pro-rata)
- A training allowance (for theology, leadership or administration courses)
- Intentional mentoring (for gift development) and discipleship (for character development)
- A laptop and phone if needed
If you would like to discuss the role before applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal chat.
To apply, please prepare the following and send to email@example.com:
- A 1-page summary of your testimony (who are you and when did you become a Christian?).
- A covering letter outlining why you want to apply and why you would be suitable for the role, including examples of when you have performed similar tasks to the 9 outlined under ‘Principal Duties and Responsibilities’ above.
- An up-to-date CV.
Please find the PDF of the job description here: Childrens Worker-Job Description-CCC-2018
Closing date for applying is – 21st December 2018