DATA PROTECTION ACTS AND REGULATIONS
We endeavour to comply with the DPA (Data Protection Act) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which comes into effect on 25 May 2018. Through this, we will only use data that you provide to us for its intended purposes. We will state these purposes upon collection and will only process your data where you have given consent or where the data is required for a legitimate interest. More details are listed below.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect information about you in the following ways:
- When you fill out online forms on our website
- When you fill out written forms at an event or service
- When you register for an event or course
- When you visit our website (via cookies)
- When you provide your contact details orally to a member of staff or a volunteer during an event or service
- When you communicate with us through email, phone or social media (Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter, Meetups, YouTube, etc.)
- When you give through a bank transfer, or give cash with your name included
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
CCC will only use the information you provide for its stated purpose at the time it is collected. These purposes include:
- Contacting you about events, services, courses, serving teams, giving, City Groups and general administration. This includes promoting church events through an email newsletter, which has a link to choose which communications you receive from us and the option to unsubscribe from all further communication if you wish to do so.
- To respond to or follow up on any query you may have reached out to us about, including prayer requests
- For church administration purposes
- For pastoral care
- To personally contact you if necessary
- To upload talks (with your permission) you may have given at an event or service to our website
- For general statistics (these do not include any personally identifiable information)
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
Your data will only be available to church staff and volunteers where necessary. All staff and volunteers who have access to your information will be required to go through data protection training on a yearly basis. We have access control policies in place to restrict access to personal data when a member of staff/ volunteer no longer needs this, or when they stop being a member or staff/ volunteer. Some data is classed as sensitive information, for example religious information (your attendance of/ belonging to a church), and criminal records (Garda vetting applications). We take extra care with this data and keep it digitally and/ or physically secure. We take measures to ensure your data is protected against accidental loss, destruction or damage. We cannot be held responsible for the information you share with us through social media applications or for links that take you to social media applications through our website.
We use Hubspot and Google Analytics on our website for administration and analytics purposes. These services collect information through cookies to analyse trends, track users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Hubspot is also used for our church database, where information you have provided to us is stored.
The information we hold is not shared with any other third party and will never be sold or otherwise shared, unless required by law.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION UP TO DATE
Should your contact details change please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update our records. You can opt in or out of any of our communications at any time.
REQUESTING ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You can request access to the information that CCC holds about you at any time through the contact form on the church website or by emailing email@example.com. We will endeavour to provide you with this information within one calendar month, unless we are legally required not to.
If you would like to have your personal data deleted from our systems please contact us through the contact form on the website or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will fulfil this request where possible; however we may be required to retain some information for legal purposes.
We will retain your personal information for as long as required for church administration purposes. In some cases this will be indefinitely unless you request otherwise. This applies to all categories except the following:
- Prayer requests. This information will be kept for three months and then removed.
- Internship/ Apprenticeship and other staff applications. This information is kept for a two year period unless otherwise requested to be removed.
- Information gathered relating to children for children’s work administration (name, age, allergies, etc). This information is kept until the child turns 18 and is no longer a member of the children’s work programmes.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may update this policy occasionally. Should this happen we will let you know via email or through our social media accounts.
If you would like any further information, or have any queries, problems or complaints please contact us at email@example.com.