This is a ‘stand-alone’ year that is designed to follow on from the CCC Internship. Apprentices will have the chance to specialise in one or more areas of church life depending on their gifts, and to further develop their character, skills and theological knowledge.
The aim of the year is to:
- Continue training CCC leaders
- Enable Apprentices to take on more responsibility in church life
- Provide an opportunity to consider a longer-term paid role in ministry, in Christ City Church or elsewhere
The Apprenticeship is open for anyone who is:
- 18 years old or above
- A Christian and (willing to be) part of Christ City Church
- Has completed the CCC Internship or equivalent
- Is eligible to take on paid work in Ireland
The Apprenticeship is a one year fixed contract, part-time role for 20 hours per week. Your working days would be Sunday, Monday and Wednesday (some flexibility is possible). A gross salary of €10,000pa will be paid.
As with the internship, each apprentice will receive weekly line-management and fortnightly mentoring, as well attending team meetings on Mondays and Wednesdays.
There are four areas around which the apprenticeship will be based:
- Position of Responsibility (you would take ‘ownership’ of at least one area, maximum three areas)
Some examples could be:
a. Pastoral Care - City Groups & Life Groups & 1-2-1s
b. The Internship
c. Sunday Set Up/Down and all Sunday Teams
d. Website and Communications
f. Kids, Youth and Families Ministry
g. Student Ministry
h. The Intro Course
i. Mission Trips - in Dublin and abroad
j. Outreach Projects into the community - e.g. homeless outreach, youth outreach, Christians Against Poverty (CAP) etc.
k. Other - please suggest something that we currently do or something new you would like to do that would fit with our values and help us fulfil our vision
- Sunday Gatherings, Prayer & Worship Nights & City Groups
a. Leading a Sunday Gathering once a month (optional, dependent on gift and training)
b. Co-leading one Prayer & Worship Night per term (3-4 per year)
c. Leading a City Group
d. Preaching 1-2 times a term (optional, dependent on gift and training)
- Theological Training (pick one option)
c. Tempo with Innovista
d. 6.30 Leadership
- Discipleship – intentional investment in 2-5 others through Life Groups & 1-2-1s. This would be to raise up more leaders in the church.
If you'd like to have an informal chat about the Apprenticeship, please contact Steve Vaughan. After this informal chat with Steve, to apply to be an apprentice at Christ City Church please complete the application either by filling in the online form or by returning this document to Steve. Applications close on Thursday 31th May 2018.
Chloe Snell, 2016-17 apprentice
Doing the Apprenticeship was a great learning experience for me. l was given many incredible opportunities to serve others and also grow spiritually and in leadership. It was a great way to take many of the things that I learned from the previous year as an Intern and put them into practice in a more practical and significant way. I highly recommend the Apprenticeship at Christ City Church to anyone considering it, as it will help them grow in qualities they can use throughout their life in serving God‘s kingdom.
Eben Gourley, 2016-17 apprentice